SPACs, Bootstrapping and Funding, Firing Execs, and More on One on One with A and Z #5
a16z cofounders Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz on: Are SPACs the new IPO? How do you fire execs the right way? Can you fire an investor?
a16z cofounders Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz talk tech trends, company building, and more live on Clubhouse every Monday, 7pm PT.
In this conversation:
- How can VCs be both investors and marketing/growth engines for companies they invest in? How has a16z approached this and curating talent on Clubhouse?
- Are SPACs the new IPO? What would you say to a founder who pitched you a plan to grow as fast as they can with the goal of selling to a SPAC in 3-5 years?
- If a startup is profitably bootstrapping, does it make sense to raise VC money?
- How do you fire executives the right way, especially when they own a percent of the company
- Can you fire an investor who doesn't align with your company mission or direction?
- What tips, tricks, and hacks can help founders maintain their mental health?