Return to Work, Celebrity Investors, Institutional Distrust and More on One on One with A and Z
a16z cofounders Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz on: are tech companies ever going fully back to the office? What's the role of celebrities in tech companies, from Ashton Kutcher to Prince Harry? And is there a growing distrust of institutions in America?
a16z cofounders Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz talk tech trends, company building, and more live on Clubhouse every Monday, 7pm PT.
In this conversation:
- What does return to work look like for a16z portfolio companies (including exclusive survey data)
- How the re-distribution of the workforce might affect rural America
- The potential for social networks to replace networking in cities
- Generalists vs specialists in a startup
- How to think about celebrity investors and executives (like Prince Harry)
- The growing distrust of institutions in America
- The technology that could still be with us in 500 years
- Books of the week! Marc on "Medici Money" by Tim Parks and Ben on "Lenin" by Victor Sebestyen