One on One with A and Z #9: The Big Questions around Remote Work
A special episode of One on One where Marc and Ben, joined by special guest Steven Sinofsky, former President of Microsoft Windows, discuss talent retention, management and communication, the future of Silicon Valley, and other big unanswered questions surrounding remote work.
- What was the biggest surprise from the past 15 months of remote work? [5:24]
- How do you handle conflict and build trust? [10:09]
- What's the role of offsites? [15:45]
- Should you adjust compensation for different geographies? [24:02]
- How do you measure productivity? [34:10]
- What is the impact of remote work on retention and turnover? [49:17]
- How do startups built on decentralized platforms (e.g., Ethereum) function? [53:36]
- Is this the beginning of the end for Silicon Valley? [56:07]
For the latest a16z conversations on Clubhouse, follow the a16z Club.