GTM #2: Product-led Marketing
Hiring a great product marketer, the role of community, building marketing in the early stages, and more. David Ulevitch and Iterable COO Jeff Samuels talk marketing in product-led organizations, with founders Boris Jabes (Census), Deidre Paknad (WorkBoard), and Ian White (ChartHop).
- The six functions in an enterprise marketing org [2:54]
- Why product marketing is the killer function [6:52]
- How do you hire a world class product marketer? [11:16]
- Is community or developer evangelists its own function or part of product marketing? [17:46]
- How does community tie into the marketing funnel? [22:56]
- Is community top of funnel, an accelerant for the whole funnel, or something else entirely? [29:39]
- If the product you're selling becomes someone's job, then your community marketing is working. [32:40]
- Plugging the community into sales... is there a tool for that? [34:29]
- How do all the different marketing tools come together? Do you need engineers in marketing? [39:24]
- How do you make marketing data-driven? [41:56]
- Building marketing in the early stages [50:06]
Inside sales, field sales, product-led, channel sales, marketing, post-sales… On a16z GTM, David Ulevitch talks to builders about what it takes to go to market, and the evolving strategies and lessons learned from enterprise companies past and present. Every other Thursday 4-5pm.
For more a16z Clubhouse shows, follow the a16z Club on Clubhouse or visit www.a16z.com/clubhouse.