Good Time Show: a16z's Journey with Crypto and Crypto Investing
a16z has invested in crypto since 2013, and recently, we announced a $2.2B Crypto Fund III. In this episode of the Good Time Show, the a16z Crypto team talks crypto and crypto investing -- where it is now, how it got here, what it needs to tackle next, and why we continue to believe it is "part two of the internet."
This podcast is an excerpt. Follow the a16z Club to join conversations with tech founders, builders, and leaders live and in-full.
- Early days of a16z crypto [2:38]
- New crypto governance capabilities [16:34]
- How is the VC model different when investing in crypto? [22:24]
- Crypto regulation and the recent attempt at holiday rulemaking [29:49]
- Is anyone effectively regulating crypto? [34:15]
- How do you start working in crypto? [36:58]
- What problems should crypto founders work on? [43:51]
- Identity, crypto, and the future of social networks [45:15]
- Centralized vs. decentralized: the battle for the internet [48:17]