Ben Feder of Tencent America on Games Club
How digital distribution and cloud changed gaming, taking the long view of the creative process, and next generation publishing and platforms with Ben Feder, president of international partnerships at Tencent America and former CEO of Take Two.
- How Ben took over Take Two [1:42]
- How digital distribution and publishing changed gaming [8:36]
- What is a next generation publisher? [13:51]
- Can publishers add value as tastemakers? [17:36]
- How do you make sure studios ship on time? And in the era of persistent game worlds, does it matter? [22:01]
- Lessons learned from Take Two [27:27]
- Taking the long view of the creative process — "Every overnight success was ten years in the making." [30:53]
- Is there a successful game that surprised Ben? [37:08]
- What's the next big gaming platform? [46:07]
- Where will subscription models lead? [52:06]
- Sabbaticals and life advice [56:50]
Join a16z partners and special guests from the gaming industry for discussions on games, game development, online communities, esports, AR/VR, and everything in between. Wednesdays at 5pm PT.
For more a16z Clubhouse shows, follow the a16z Club on Clubhouse or visit www.a16z.com/clubhouse.